Future of Web Apps 07 was, like last years event, inspiring. It’s fantastic to see what innovations others in the industry are producing, very often from a really simple idea and limited resources, and get the all-important background on how and why it was done. A few highlights …
- Tara Hunt (citizenagency) on what makes successful online communities.
- Matthew Ogle from Last.fm with anecdotes about their early days and insights into attention data and trust
- Werner Vogels giving an overview of the services Amazon offers developers.
- Bradley Horowitz of Yahoo on Flickr’s “interestingness” concept (attention data again) and the new and visually stunning yahoo pipes
- Kevin Rose on adapting to emerging user behaviour and APML, attention profiling markup language
- Simon Willison talking about the possibilities of OpenID
- The guy from soocial … great product, enthusiastic guy, easily the most entertaining and engaging presentation of the whole event.